Recently two good friends of mine asked me translate their entire wedding event into German for the bride’s parents. Although I was honored to do so, I found it a bit daunting as I had not spoken German publicly in about 20 years.
I like to think it went pretty well. The number one compliment – “Haven’t a clue what you were saying but it sounded F***** amazing.”
Being a cheesemaker, I jumped at the challenge to make a quality cheese wedding cake especially for Nick and Nadja’s reception. All six cheeses were made by me within the last few months at Cupitt’s Fromagerie. This delicious creation is good example that an amazing cheese wedding cake does not have to cost a fortune.
- Top – A 2-month old Caprino Romano (goats milk)
- Second: Flor Azul blue (cows milk)
- Third: Caciotta with Saffron (goats milk)
- Fourth: Lybian rubbed in olive oil (goats milk)
- Fifth: Valençay (goats milk)
- Six: Croobyar (cows milk)
This cake of tasty love is just under $200.00 AUS. By adding edible flowers, you can customize your cheese wedding cake to match your colour theme.
I list edible flowers that pair well with cheese in my ebook, How to Say Cheese.